Duval County Florida Marijuana Attorney
If you have been charged with marijuana possession, cultivation or distribution, even for a small amount, you can be facing serious consequences. The Dick Law Firm specializes in marijuana and all other drug crimes.
An experienced marijuana attorney will focus on the circumstances of your case. If the amount of marijuana involved is less than one ounce, and is a first time offense, you could be eligible for a dismissal of the charges. Many times your case will depend on the very involved search and seizure laws surrounding drug convictions. Sam H. and Sean D. have over 25 years experience as prosecutors and criminal defense attorneys and can use their extensive knowledge of the Duval County Justice System to protect your legal rights and challenge the information obtained by police officers by filing a motion to suppress the evidence.
If you find yourself in this situation, the first thing you should do is contact an experienced marijuana attorney. Many people who find themselves in this very stressful situation feel that cooperation with the police officers will help them avoid conviction. This is not the case. Once you have obtained legal representation we will also file a motion to suppress any incriminating statements you may have made before you were advised of your legal rights. Probable cause must be established prior to any search made that produces a controlled substance.
Marijuana Possession Penalties in Florida Have Serious Consequences
- Two ounces or less include a fine up to $2,000, up to 180 days in jail or both
- More than two ounces, but less than four ounces. Penalties include a fine of up to $4,000, up to one year in jail, or both.
- Four ounces or more, up to and including five pounds. Penalties include a fine of up to $10,000, between 180 days and two years in prison, or both.
- More than five pounds, up to and including 50 pounds. Penalties include a fine of up to $10,000, between two and ten years in prison, or both.
- More than 50 pounds, up to and including 2,000 pounds. Penalties include a fine of up to $10,000, between two and 20 years in prison, or both.
- More than 2,000 pounds. Penalties include a fine of up to $50,000, between five and 99 years in prison, or both.
Confidential Consultation for Marijuana Charges
The goal of the attorneys at The Dick Law Firm is to get the best possible results that the situation of your case allows. Call anytime day or night to discuss your options. Our attorneys are board certified by the State as Criminal Defense attorneys and will answer all your questions about the serious situation you find yourself in.